20 minuts + 20 minutes for discussion
- Science 2.0 and Open Science - Michał Kotowski, Piotr Migdał
How the Internet gives new opportunities for scientific collaboration, knowledge-sharing and collective problem-solving.
- Prisons in Poland - Kamila Stępniowska
How they operate - an example of Biała Podlaska Prison - conditions, problems and successes.
- Roguelike and roguelike-like games - Paweł Marczewski
Why is "killing letters to collect punctuation" more immersive than "Call of Duty"? And what is the effect of roguelikes on game design (e.g., the role of failure, procedural content generation).
- Where reason fails - Staszek Krawczyk
A few words on emotions and narrative thinking from a psychologist's standpoint (with some bits and pieces from neuroscience and sociology). Aimed at encouraging you to do things in which rational and scientific thinking is not of much use.
- Automatic theorem proving - Paweł Marczewski
Is it possible to explain mathematics to a computer? Of course. It is not easy (forget about hand-waving), but gives a lot of satisfaction.
- Scientific cabaret - what's that? - Michał Krupiński
Why is it so rare? Does it make any sense? I would like to share a few thoughts on it and a few experiences I had.
- Thinking and computers - Piotr Olejniczak
- Virtual sex and poultry - Marta Czarnocka-Cieciura
How Individual Based Modeling helps evolution research.
- What's the physics behind the A-Bomb? - Krzysztof Zieleniewski
Why it was difficult, but is not anymore; why it frightens, but not militarists; and what are Marshak waves.
- What we don't know about autism - Olga Pokorska
- A few words about sign language - Olga Pokorska
- Bitcoin - Paweł Marczewski
- Information - physics and philosophy - Piotr Rożek
- Surveillance and repressions in 20th century USA - Marcin Kotowski
- Usability - Mikołaj Dądela
- Biotech isn't that scary - Tomasz Kolinko
- Almost mythical characters - stories from Boikivshchina - Bartłomiej Chromik
- What the difference between the Kęty flea market from a free market? - Bartłomiej Chromik
- Onomastics - how to name a project, product, company or event - Paweł Przytuła
- Does 2x bigger mean 2x better? - Piotr Migdał
On scaling of living organisms, cities and academic institutions.
- Programming Micro-controllers - Piotr Iwaniuk
- How to enter the stage and don't run away? - Kamila Sidor i Tomasz Kolinko
Warsztat z przemawiania publicznego i radzenia sobie ze stresem podczas wystąpień publicznych.
- How to find people to continue a students' chapter? - a discussion
Constrained by the form? Have an idea which is outside the box even for Offtopicarium? Great!
- A mini library
Do you have a book worth sharing? Bring it!
- Project wishlist
If I had some time (or the others), I would organize/code/make…
- this idea waits for you!